Ten FREE and Low Cost Ways to Promote Your Business…
1. Free classifieds… online classifieds as well as your local newspaper. Craigslist is king, but don’t overlook others like Backpage, US Free Ads, Classified Ads, Best Online Classifieds… there are many others. Be sure to track your ads to see the performance of each ad and site. Also, remember that some of the free classified sites work very well in some cities, but not others. Test. Test. Test.
2. Giveaways… Here’s the second idea… not FREE, but it will keep your business in front of people for a long period of time. Purchase some promotional giveaway items, like notepads, pens, pencils, coffee cups, calendars… you get the idea. Make it creative and useful, and your advertisement will last for a long time.
3. Bookmarks… Create and print some bookmarks to give out at your local library.
4. Buttons… Get some buttons made up to work as conversation starters… something simple that relates to your business or one of your products like “Ask me about how I lost ten pounds in 30 days”. Then you’d better be prepared with an answer to give, and you need some business card to give the prospect.
5. Flyers… Find unique places to place flyers. For instance, when you go to a garage or yard sale, ask if you can leave a few of your flyers there. Ask if you can leave some at your local bank or doctors office. If your community has special events, like a July 4th celebration or such, take and pass out flyers.
6. Newspaper Article… Write an article for your local newspaper or news magazine… many times they are looking for content for their publication. Also, do a Google search for guest blogging opportunities related to your business niche… and write a post.
7. Bulletin Boards… Post flyers on local community bulletin boards… look for them in grocery stores, cafes, laundromats, etc.
8. Junk Mail… This is NOT what you think!!! Do you get junk mail with the postage paid envelopes or cards? If it’s in an envelope, pop in a flyer and return it. If its a post cat, just tape your business card to it and send it on its way. Someone reads these… and that’s definitely a job I would want to be getting out of.
9. Email Replies… You get email advertisements all the time, right? Reply to it with your website address and pitch. It’s called reverse email marketing.
10. Business Card Magnets… Relating back to number 2… business cards with a magnet on back really sticks in people’s minds, as well as on their refrigerator.
Just a few ideas on promoting your business without breaking the bank.
To Your Success,
Digital Info Gold